In early 2020, Research Synergy Institute has been held the 2nd scientific and academic writing workshop collaborated with PSDKU Universitas Padjajaran.
The first session of workshop was begin with an introduction from Dr. Hendrati Dwi Mulyaningsih regarding her publication experience in international journal continued with sharing a knowledge how to write a high quality paper.
This workshop was focus on technical writing and how to use the manager references to simplify the management of citation and references. All the participants followed this training with a good enthusiasm in preparation for submitting their papers to the International Conference on Creative Economy and Sustainable Tourism (ICEST) 2020.
The first workshop in 2020 was begin with a collaboration within Research Synergy Institute and Politeknik Negeri Tanah Laut (Politala). At the official opening of the workhsop, all participants and Trainers from RSI were welcomed by Dr. Mufrida Zein, S.Ag., M.Pd as a director of Politala. Dr. Mufrida has given a warm opening speech, also shared a glimpse of the Politala lectures experience in research publication and their expectation in joining the workshop.
In the first day, Dr. Hendrati Dwi Mulyaningsih as a Founder of Research Synergy Foundation -also presented as the workshop trainer- was shared interesting knowledge regarding why publication is needed and how to know the research design.
While in the second day of the workshop, Dr. Hendrati was focus more on research writing technique. In this workshop, the participants also learned how to cite properly with referencing tools.
Research Synergy Institute held a Coaching Clinic Series Workshop in last December which was the last workshop organized in 2019. This workshop was a collaboration with Politeknik Negeri Jakarta with the aim to increase academic papers publication of PNJ lecturer.
In the first session, Dr. Hendrayati Dwi Mulyaningsih was shared knowledge regarding how to do a proper with high quality paper.
The next session, Mrs. Ani Wahyu Rachmawati, Director of Publication and co-founder of Research Synergy Institute, was shared information regarding coaching process and output. In this coaching clinic workshop, the participants are expected to be focused on writing good papers and in the end of coaching, they should submit their papers to the Journal within 15 days.
Citation index (indexing) is an ordered list of cited articles, each accompanied by a list of citing articles. The indexing will be a parameter of the value of your research. Indexing will help the journal for being accessible to a wide audience. Journals must increase their visibility, availability and readership. All academic indexes require journals to follow certain core publishing standards. Here are some basic indexing requirements:
- An International Standard Serial Number (ISSN)
- Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs)
- An established publishing schedule
- A copyright policy
- Basic article-level metadata
Some of the most popular indexing include:
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ): DOAJ is an open access journals in all disciplines. DOAJ provides access to quality open access and peer-reviewed journals.
- Scopus is a general database of peer-reviewed journals in the scientific, technical, medical, and social sciences. Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.
- Google Scholar: Google Scholar is not a human-curated database but a search engine of the whole internet which narrows the internet results based on machine automated criteria. Google Scholar Citations lets authors set up a profile page that lists their publications and citation metrics.
- Web of Science: WoS is an interdisciplinary and covers all scientific areas, but it only covers what is considers to “best” journals and concentrates on English language ones. There are three flagship Citation Indexes at the center of WoS Core Collection known as Science Citation Index (SCI), the Social Science Citation Index (SSCI), the Arts and Humanities Citation Index (AHCI), and Emerging Source Citation Index (ESCI).